Public engagement is important and will be increasingly so as we progress with the Neighbourhood Plan. Here is Planning Aid’s good practice guide to community engagement.Good Practice Guide to Public Engagement in Development Schemes
The Emerging Draft consultation was held Saturday March 25th 2017 in the village Hall. More details including the documents that were consulted on are on the Emerging Draft page. The Emerging Draft V4 (April 18) was on display at the annual parish meeting and an online survey was available. The anonymised results of the online survey are here: Survey results ED4
There have been several community consultations in the Parish over the past few years which provides useful information to Neighbourhood Planners. Below are links to the previous consultation documents.
- Link to the Dartington Community Plan of 2013.Draft DCAG-Community-Plan-Final
- Links to the DADD survey of 2008 Survey Questionnaire 2008 DADD Survey results 2008
- Pam Gorman lent me her copy of the Village/Parish appraisal from 1999 which I’ve scanned in and is here to read. There are some interesting findings.1999 village appraisal 001
- This is the 2014 response to the SHLAA:NHP-steering-group-submission-re-SHLAA-sites-02.10.14
- Neighbourhood Plan Open Days (called Destination Dartington) were held on on February 28th 2015 at Meadowbrook and also one at Dartington Primary School on March 25th 2015. Other small events have been taking place throughout the parish. The Annual Parish Meeting on June 27th 2015 included displays updating form the earlier consultations. Findings from these events are being added to the Open Days findings page as they become available.
- There was also a get together of other Neighbourhood Planning Groups on March 28th 2015 in Dartington. There was another get together in Modbury in July and one in Totnes in October.
- The Steering group of March 30th 2015 had a presentation by DHT – the draft minutes are here: SG Minutes 30.3.15 These, and the other SG minutes are on the Steering Group Page.
- This is the presentation Estate framework presentation NP 2015 which was also given to the Housing Group on May 6th 2015
- These are questions and answers from the DHT Community event on September 28th 2015 at the Village Hall DHT community meeting 28.9.15
- Energy in Neighbourhood Planning – joint drop in consultation with Totnes NP. Saturday March 19th 2016 11am -2pm Birdwood House kitchen.
- April 17th 2016 – drop in event to publicise the Parish Housing Needs Survey which has been delivered to each household in the parish and to update of where we are.
- 25-9-2016-event September 25th 2016 Consultation focusing on the Open Space Sport and Recreation Strategy and display of the community led brimhay-vision.
- The Emerging Draft of the Neighbourhood Plan with additional supporting documents was displayed at a consultation event on March 25th 2017. This event was a significant consultation of the whole plan. Following this event the responses were collated and Emerging Draft v2 was created. Information about the Emerging Drafts is on the Emerging Drafts page.
Here is SHDC’s Our Plan newsletter 7 which contained the SHLAA maps for Dartington. Note that these maps show all the sites that DHT originally submitted most of which have since been removed Dartington_Parish maps Our Plan issue 7
South Hams District Council’s JLP latest (November 2016) consultation booklet on additional sites is accessible here. The additional sites that affect Dartington are at Beacon Park and Woodlands Yard, Huxhams Cross – both employment sites.
This is a SHDC November 2016 topic paper on Deciding upon the Distribution of Development