Welcome to the Housing Task Group pages. This page contains links to the evidence that could be used in writing housing policy as well as information about what the group is doing. Minutes and reports are on the sub page.
The latest version of the Design Guide is below but it still needs work. The NPPF is undergoing changes (consultation open now until May and final version expected July 2018) there will need to be revisions of the paragraph numbers too: Design Guide draftV4
The Housing Group’s main piece of evidence gathering in 2016 was the Parish Housing Needs Survey which was delivered to each household in the parish – the survey closed on May 12th 2016. The analysis of the results has been drawn up by Devon Communities Together and is here:
Dartington Housing Needs Report 2016
Re the Plan and writing it, the draft version of the vision and objectives for the housing group are here Housing Group Vision and objectives for June 27th and here, following consultation/discussion are the Housing Group Vision and Objectives 26th August
This draft of the design guide has been superseded (see above) but it’s useful to see the thinking. It built on previous work and following consultation on April 17th 2016 was discussed at the April 25th Steering Group: Dartington NP Design Guide draft
April 17th 2016 housing group consultation results are here:Housing April 17th feedback design questions
Self explanatory SHDC document traditional-farm-buildings-in-the-s-hams-guide
- Here is a link to a document we have commissioned from the Community Council of Devon. It’s a rural place profile for Dartington based on the 2011 census but with added extras RuralPlaceProfile_E04003142_Dartington
- Here is a guide for parish councils and neighbourhood plan groups about rural affordable housing ruralhousing-guideforparishcouncils2014
Here are the proposed Vision and Objectives:Housing Group Vision and Objectives 26th August
The housing group ToR are below
- The ToR for Task Groups which should be personalised by each group can be found by clicking on
Task group ToR. This document gives explanatory notes.
Below is a link to the blank document to customise.
Task Group ToR blank
- This is Frank’s document TOR Flowchart
- Here’s a useful document with a self explanatory title ruralhousing-guideforparishcouncils2014
- Below is a link to the How Many Homes website which in their own words “has been set up by a group of professional bodies, trade associations and charities with an interest in planning for housing. The Group came together in 2011 in response to a call from practitioners for practical support in assessing how many homes were needed in their areas in the context of the new housing and planning landscape”. The site contains lots of information.
- The census is a useful tool for drilling down into information and you can fnd things relating to quite specific areas – search using a Dartington postcode. Since the last census was in 2011 it’s relatively recent information. Here’s a link to the Office of National Statistics (ONS) website:
- This page on the ONS website helping you to decide what data you might need.
- The documents below are from SHDC and should be considered in policy making until “Our Plan” is adopted.
- ALLOCATION POLICY SOUTH HAMS MAY 2013 SH_Housing_Position_Statement_FINAL_Mar14 (1)
- SHMNA stands for Strategic Housing Market Needs Assessment. The main document is quite large, but there are summaries and Frequently Asked Questions which are useful.
- Here’s a map of the parish:
- The following local consultations could be built on:
- HN Report Dartington FINAL
- HNS Questionnaire Dartington FINAL dec 08 the questions used to provide the report above.
- Draft DCAG-Community-Plan-Final
- DADD Survey results 2008
- Survey Questionnaire 2008 (DADD)
- Dartington community Plan results raw-results-in-numeric-form.pdf community plan